Friday, August 16, 2013

A Nice Day of Fishin'

Well I've been talking about doing it since before I even got here- fishing off the seawall in Kona! I finally went for it and stopped in Walmart and bought the cheapest pole I could find. It's only about 3 ft long like one of those little kid ones but it said ages 13 and up so that made me feel good about it. I also bought a little cheap starter tackle box that had more then I needed. To top it off I picked up some peas from the frozen food section.

As I was waiting in line to buy my stuff, a local dude sort of laughed and said good luck catchin' anything with that! I just smiled and said I was going to try my luck. Well I sure showed HIM!

I parked downtown, found a nice place on the seawall, baited my hook, and made a nice long cast. I was quite happy sitting there with my very short 10 dollar fishing pole. Immediately I could see all the fish in the clear water wanting the bait. On my 3rd cast I caught a little fish and I was very happy! It was my first time pulling a hook from a fishes mouth though so I had some troubles, it was way in there. A little local kid came up to me and said he could do it. He pulled out the fishes entire jaw. Lovely. So I used that for bait (it had some guts attached to it) and the fish loved that! That's how I caught my Black Dragon Triggerfish!

I'm definitely going to be going back tomorrow and more days after that prepared with different kinds of bait! AND SUNSCREEN!







No comments:

Post a Comment